I have a iPhone 6 and ~100 photos in it, but when I check out the storage usage, it says my camera roll takes 8 Gb storage… That is insane… Also there’s nothing in Recently Deleted folder.
After googling, I figured it out it was a bug of iOS. The solution is:
- Go to Settings
- Date & Time
- Untoggle “Set Automatically”
- Manually change the date back. For example, if today is March 15, 2015, choose August 1, 2014. (You can change it back once we’re done)
- Close out of that
- Open “Photos” (Make sure you have terminated this App before relaunching it)
- Select “Albums”
- If, like me, you had already cleared out everything from the Camera Roll and “Recently Deleted” folder, you’ll smile to see that your “Recently Deleted” folder now has thousands of images back. Those are your phantom photos
- Open it, “Select” and start deleting
- Now, go back into Settings – General – Usage – Storage – Manage Storage – and you’ll notice your Photo & Camera is empty if you deleted everything
via Apple forum here.